Date(s) - 27/06/2015
1:00 pm - 3:00 pm
State Library of Western Australia
- Saturday, 27 June, 2015
- State Library of Western Australia (25 Francis Street, Perth)
- $7 FTI Members / $10 Regular Entry (RSVP)
- Great news, this event is all ages! (Players 12 and under will need to be accompanied by a guardian)
- Don’t forget to buy tickets!
Each Playup, we playtest new games and game prototypes and give feedback to the designers so they can make them even better. All welcome: players, game designers, and those curious about becoming game designers! We love physical games, community games, hybrid games, street games, alternate reality games… or something we’ve never thought of yet.
What We will be Playtesting
1.) Eeshwar Rajagopalan’s Flip Flop – Previously known as thirtysix and first playtested at Playup Perth #5, Flip Flop is a 2 player tile placement game about strategic positioning. Place your tiles, flip them and your opponents’ to make sure you come out on top!
2.) Games We Play + Weerianna Street Media’s Whose ya mob? – an augmented card game of family building and mischief that teaches kids about Ngarluma culture.
3.) Eeshwar Rajagopalan’s Tiny Castles — Raids is a 2+ player microgame based off Tiny Castles, which was first playtested at Playup Perth + SK Games: After Dark #4. It is a game about stealing treasures from your friends while keeping your own treasures safe!
* And stay tuned, as we may have a few more surprise game announcements!
* Wanna test your game at the next event? drop a line to email@example.com or tweet @oceanpark
* If you’re interested in coming along, please register your attendance here.
About Play Up Perth
Playup Perth is a joint initiative of FTI and Atmosphere industries to connect games developers and encourage playfulness. Games developers are encouraged to sign up to have their new games and game prototypes tried out, to receive feedback from participants, which will help make their games even better.
For Game Developers: If you have a game you would like to test please contact FTI Director of Interactive Programs, Dr. Kate Raynes-Goldie on firstname.lastname@example.org or (08) 9431 6709. We’d love to see some more physical games, community games, hybrid games, street games, alternate reality games… or something we’ve never thought of yet.