For those who follow our coverage of the local development scene, you might recall that we did an interview with Perth-studio, Black Lab Games last August with regards to their newest title, Star Hammer: The Vanguard Prophecy. It was also playable at the Perth Games Festival last October, which we heard a lot of positive fan feedback about.
If you haven’t had a chance to check it out yet, however (and you’re keen!) now is officially the time! The game has just reached beta stage, and the team at Black Lab Games are currently looking to get as many people playing as possible to ensure they get enough feedback to help the game reach its full potential. In fact, you can sign up HERE.
It was also announced that the game will launch on 4 June 2015, and will be published by leading strategy game publisher Slitherine. For more information, please see below or jump on over to check out their Official Steam Page.
About This Game
In the 22nd century, we left a dying earth so that a fortunate few could settle the new home we call Novus. In time, we would learn that life on a frontier colony is neither prosperous nor peaceful. Our first encounter with the nautilid started with hostilities and confusion, and ended with sacrifice. Fourteen years later, our leaders remain politically entangled and unable to see the threats that linger, both afar and within our own walls…
Star Hammer: The Vanguard Prophecy is a game of 3D tactical space battles. Play your part in the Second Contact War in a campaign with a branching story and over 60 missions, or create your own scenarios in skirmish mode battles.
- Fight for Novus and decide the outcome of the Second Contact War with a branching story that boasts over 60 missions.
- WeGo tactical combat in 3D space, with gameplay that rewards strategic positioning and fleet coordination. Give your commands, then watch the results in pausable realtime.
- Take commandof a range of heavily armed assault ships, including Raiders, Corvettes, Frigates, Destroyers, Battlecruisers and Dreadnoughts – each with with their own weapons fitouts and unique functions.
- Balance the energy coreof each ship to focus on impenetrable defences, breakneck piloting or devastating assaults.
- Manage your crew’s personalities and morale to tailor your flagship’s advantage in battle. Every crew member you enlist has their own personality traits, abilities and stories.
- Measure your actions against the War Scale. Will your command be a legacy of calculated tactical bombardments, or aggressive and reckless assaults?
- Take part in an ongoing war with no turning back. Choose who will be saved, order reinforcements to replace destroyed veteran ships, and shape the future of mankind’s second home.
Official Teaser Trailer
Sign-up for the Beta!
If you’d like to go hands on with Star Hammer: The Vanguard Prophecy, and also support a local developer by providing them with your feedback, you can sign up for the open beta here: http://www.slitherine.com/beta_test